Braces and corrective orthodontics aren’t just for kids. If the patients’ teeth are relatively healthy, tooth alignment can be changed at any age. In fact, 1 in every 5 patients in orthodontic treatment is an adult. We offer a variety of treatments designed for different age groups, which means even adults can get that beautiful smile they’ve always wanted.
BENEFITS OF ADULT TREATMENT
- Align the teeth to create a more aesthetic and beautiful smile
- Correct relapse after previous orthodontic treatment due to lack of long term retainer wear
- Improve the ability to brush and floss, especially for crowded or overlapping lower front teeth
- Create a better or more comfortable bite and ability to chew
- Address missing teeth
- Close spaces between the teeth
- Reduce excessive wear on the teeth due to grinding or poor bite
- Jaw surgery to correct discrepancy between the upper and lower jaws
ADULT TREATMENT OPTIONS
Metal/ traditional braces are still the most popular type of braces, and due to advanced technology and methods, they are more comfortable than ever before. With this option you have the option of adding colored elastics/
Clear/ Ceramic braces are made of clear materials and are therefore less visible on your teeth than metal braces. For this reason, ceramic braces are used mainly on older teenagers and adult patients who have cosmetic concerns. While they are visually less prominent, they do require more attention to oral hygiene as ceramic braces are larger and are more brittle than their metal counterparts. For these reasons, ceramic braces tend to be used more on upper front teeth than on lower teeth.
Invisalign uses a custom-made series of clear, comfortable aligners made to wear over teeth. Simply insert in a new set of aligners every two weeks, and the teeth gradually shift into place.
Benefits of Invisalign:
- Completely invisible – Invisalign aligners cannot be seen while you are wearing them
- Comfortable to wear – The aligners are made from a special plastic that has smooth, rounded edges so they won’t irritate your mouth and tissues like traditional braces often can.
- Customized just for you – Your Invisalign aligners are customized to fit your mouth. Invisalign uses advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to replicate an exact impression of your mouth and teeth, then we customize each aligner so that it fits your mouth, and over time moves your teeth into the proper position.
- Removable – Unlike traditional metal braces, you can remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush your teeth, floss and for special occasions. There’s no need to change your lifestyle with Invisalign.
- Effective – You will begin to notice a significant difference even before your treatment is complete. Most treatments are completed within one year; however, this can vary from patient to patient.
Retainers may be removable or fixed. They hold your teeth in their new, correct positions after your teeth have been straightened. Your orthodontist will instruct you on how to care for your retainer and about the duration of the wear. Wearing your retainer as directed is crucial to prevent regression of your treatment.